Yesterday I attended the NEW LOOK OF KIEV event, which was held in one of the most interesting galleries in Kiev called Arsenal. this is the project of Top 10 magazine, that is purposed to promote young ukrainian fashion talents and "provide a platform for integration of ukrainian fashion community into international context". that's why such a big names in the fashion industry as Godfrey Deeny, Yvan Rodic, Stephane Feugere, Matt Irwin and others were in Kiev this weekend. after his lecture I had a small talk with Yvan who turned out to be a nice guy, looking lost in a cute way =))) (you can read it in the end of the post).
My favourite shows of the New Look of Kiev were by the most succesfull young ukrainian designer Sasha Kanevski, whos shows are much anticipated recently
(I'm in love with those white tregins!!)
and La Maison du Couturier by young italian designer Lamberto Petri
Speaking about Yvan Rodic, he told that:
- his favourite cities for shooting are London, Reykjavik and Sydney;
- before starting his world famous blog Face Hunter he was working in the advertising agency as a copywriter;
- he was very lucky with the time he started his blog (almost 5 years ago) because it was new and empty market in the internet;
- his camera is actually pretty small;
- it took a year for FACE HUNTER to become a brand;
- he is going to come back to Kiev in March.
Unfortunately couldn't take more pictures cause my camera battery was quicly dead.